X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    just a question:

What kind of events will be listed? Eg: Will 'user is replying on thread 'bla'' also be listed etc..?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    fruitsalad: Are you missing members from the list on the main page, or are you noticing the members appearing multiple times on the Who's Online page? Those would be two different problems. The first has nothing to do with my hack, I'm quite sure, as it does not have any control over the main listing.

The second thing I'm working on. I don't understand how it happens because it should be selecting distinct records from the DB based on the userid, meaning pull one record per time it sees a particular number...I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    ok....... We're back to waiting.

Leave a comment:

• fruitsalad
    replied
    Re: Li'l problem

Originally posted by insdel
    After installing this hack the loggedin members are no properly shown any more (as you can see in the pic I've attached)
    Only after refreshing the page some 3 times it works.
    Any suggestions?

insDEL
    I had this same problem, so i've removed this hack for the meantime. it was doing funny things with my sessions and logged in users.

has anyone tried this on a very busy forum?

out of curiosity i took a look at jjr's implementation and noticed the same discrepancies which i was noticing. please see attached file. I suspect the session table is not being updated properly??

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Oh Me Gosh Tubbey,

I beta tested the heck out of Borgs WOL before the purchase of vB. I am so grateful. Cannot wait to get that installed looks great.

Thanks for the hard work.
    Hooper
    Last edited by Hooper; Tue 8 May '01, 3:11pm.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    JJR has it up and running.

http://www.jjr512.com/forums/online.php

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Working on a site?

Anyone have this up and running correctly? Please post your sites. Ben working on a server move, glad to see this one.
    If I missed a working site forgive me.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by furious
    but sometimes when i click on the link for a thread on the who's online page i get this error message :

Fatal error: Unable to open showthread.php in Unknown on line 0
    This is a problem with your server's PHP. It means for whatever reason it decided to take a break. But seriously, unknown at line 0 isn't anything to do with my hack, and it's nothing that can really be fixed in terms of the scripts.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Re: Li'l problem

Originally posted by insdel
    After installing this hack the loggedin members are no properly shown any more (as you can see in the pic I've attached)
    Only after refreshing the page some 3 times it works.
    Any suggestions?
    This should not affect that at all. If you are the only user on the board, you may not show up on the list at first. If it shows more than one member, but they are not showing up on the list, then you may indeed have a problem but I really don't see how this could affect it.

Leave a comment:

• furious
    replied
    very nice hack
    but sometimes when i click on the link for a thread on the who's online page i get this error message :

Fatal error: Unable to open showthread.php in Unknown on line 0

do you know why?

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Thanks tubedogg. Since I had to use the non-edited original version of sessions.php as long as I couldn't get mysql.php to work, basically the hack was not installed at all. So I just downloaded your new version and installed it as per the new instructions, and it worked fine. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Great hack tubedogg

It would be great if vb would officially support the location field again in 2.0 so that we don't have to edit sessions.php everytime we upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Dioxin
    replied
    Re: Re: hi tubedogg,

Originally posted by tubedogg

Is this happening for just logged-in members, just guests, or both? I mean, in the list, are the members with the triple repeated post number members, guests, or both?
    mhmm, strange. i looked at the script this morning and now it seems to generate correct links. sorry for my bug report.

but i have another problem:

the session variable in each link is different. i think it's a better way to change the variable to the viewers session-id, or??

another enhancement idea: include a profile link in the name and make a pm link nearby, perhaps an icon or so...

just ideas greets dioxin

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg

That I can't fix. It's the same as when you first surf in, you don't always appear as being online on the list on the front page. In this case it's because your location is updated at the same time the page is prepared, or slightly after (by a few milliseconds). If that's the worst problem the script presents, I think we're doing pretty good, eh?
    Kevin, would it be possible to fix this by doing an automatically refresh when users see online.php?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Re: hi tubedogg,

Originally posted by Dioxin
    some links in my online.php page look like this:
    http://www.aktienboard.com/vb/showth...0348#post20348post20348post20348
    Is this happening for just logged-in members, just guests, or both? I mean, in the list, are the members with the triple repeated post number members, guests, or both?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X