• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zebra7
    replied
    Spellchecker Bad - VB20 Good

Kier-

Wow, thanks!!

2 lines of Javascript gone and page load times for New Threads and Replies just went from 10 seconds to .5 of a second.

Now I am back in business! (although I will still be upgrading my RAM before I debut)

Thanks.

Zebra7

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Try removing the call to the spellchecker script (it's a javascript embed at the top of the template) - that should speed you up a whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• Zebra7
    started a topic Help! Is this VB2.0 Performance normal?

Help! Is this VB2.0 Performance normal?

I just completed a fresh successful install of VB2.0 RC2. Everything hums pretty nicely - I can move from through all the config pages and newly created forums and posts with a 1 sec latency or so between pages.

However, when I hit "NewReply" or "NewThread", it takes a FULL 10 seconds to bring up the POST page??

My VB is running on a virgin pII 400 Linux6.2 box with 256mb /Apache / PHP4.04 /MYSQL 3.23 that has ZERO user load. The box isn't yet publicly exposed on the Net.

My PHP (beta) web site is relatively DB-intensive also hums along REAL nicely. So, all in all the PHP-MYSQL combo rocks .. but this NewReply and NewThread sputtering is killing me . . softly.

Any ideas? I just installed ZendOptimizer, but that did not seem to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Zebra7