Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I asked this earlier, but it is not working like I want. I would like to let unregistered users see the different boards on my main page. I would like them to see how many post are in the forums. Then when they click to go in, they get a message you need to register to view this forum.

Right now. Unregistered guest can't see the board at all until they register. I don't like this because they don't know what they are missing.

So can I do this. I want anyone who comes to the main site to see all the forums. But when they try to enter they are told they need to register.

Thanks
    Dan Flynn
    http://www.powerwashnetwork.com

Try Control Panel -> User Groups and Permissions -> Modify forums. You can set group rights that are specific to forums in there.

Then you just make sure that the Unregistered / Not Logged In group has default rights to view the message board under Control Panel -> User Groups and Permissions -> Modify -> Unregistered / Not Logged In -> edit .

I think this should work. Give it a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X