Define "buddy list" please.. =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define "buddy list" please.. =]

I thought that there were two different buddy list's that you could add a user two, so if someone could clearify which links and buttons do what, then I'd be much abliged.

Viewing a thread, there is a button that you can click to add them to your buddy list. This button is only viewable if they have an AIM name filled in their profile. However, clicking this button merely adds them to the vB buddy list. Is there a built in way to add a user with an AIM account to your AIM list? I thought that was what the buddy button did at first, but I must be mistaken.. that or I've changed something dreadfully wrong..

*crosses fingers*

So is there a built in way to allow users to add people with AIM accounts to their buddy list dynamically, or am I going to just have to look it up and add it manually?

The buddy icon does not only appear when you have your screen name in your profile. This button adds you to the person's vB buddy list who clicked the button.

If you want the AIM icon to show when a user has his screen name for AIM in their profile, find
    <!-- $ post[aimicon] -->
    in your postbit template and change it to
    $ post[aimicon]
    only remove the space between the $ and post[aimicon].

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X