How can you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you...

How can you create a forum where only certain members can view it. I don't want moderators to be able to.

I have tried to use Access Masks but they don't seem to be working. I am using RC2.

Is there a way to restrict a certain usergroup from a forum?

UBB had a feature like this where you could specify what members could access a forum. This is certainly an idea that I think would be great for VBulletin.

Comment

Admin CP > Users > Find > enter their username > hit Submit > click "[edit access]" next to their username > choose "yes" for any forums you specifically want them to have access to.

For moderators, it is different depending on whether you have put all your moderators in a certain usergroup (e.g. named Moderators or something like that). If you *have* put them all in a usergroup, do the following:
      go to User Groups & Permissions > Modify Forums > Find the forum > click "[edit]" next to the usergroup that your moderators are in > click in the circle next to "use custom settings", and click in the circle next to "no" next to can view board, can post new threads, can post polls, etc.
      If you *have not* put all your moderators in one usergroup, you can either do that at this point, or do
      Users > Find > enter their username > hit Submit > click "[edit access]" next to their username > choose "no" for any forums you specifically do not want them to have access to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X