questions about polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about polls

is there anyway to tell which users have voted for which option?

mhmmm... don't know... but just a thought on this:

Is there any way to tell which citizen voted for your president/other famous politician?

I mean: to know who voted for an option would give you a hughe control on your members, I'm pretty sure they won't like it!

...and so I assume that there is no way to do it

Comment

You could run some queries to figure that out but the forum has no way to do that. btw I am going to put that ability in with a few more things in v2.1 as it is needed when you use polls for contests and need to check if user's have tried to stack votes by creating accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        You could run some queries to figure that out but the forum has no way to do that. btw I am going to put that ability in with a few more things in v2.1 as it is needed when you use polls for contests and need to check if user's have tried to stack votes by creating accounts.
        that's exactly waht i am trying to find out - i am having a contest right now for one of courtney love's signature guitars and i think that some of the finalists may be stacking the votes - if they are, this is terrible and i want to know if it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Sven
          mhmmm... don't know... but just a thought on this:

Is there any way to tell which citizen voted for your president/other famous politician?

I mean: to know who voted for an option would give you a hughe control on your members, I'm pretty sure they won't like it!

...and so I assume that there is no way to do it
          the difference is that my website isn't a democracy. it's MY website!

Comment

Code:
            SELECT userid,voteoption FROM pollvote WHERE pollid='X'
            That will tell you who voted and what they voted for. The voteoption is the number of the option in the order they are displayed on the poll voting/thread screen. Just replace X with with the pollid (you would need to do a
            Code:
            SELECT pollid FROM thread WHERE threadid='XXXX'
            to determine the pollid, where XXXX is the thread you go to, to vote).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X