Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Importing - Changing servers and importing from UBB to VB

Hello,

My UBB on my old server is fairly huge. Copying all the files to my hard drive then to the new server to import would take too long.

I want to only copy the important forum files over to my new server, then import the data to vBulletin.

What files do I only need to copy from UBB for vBulletin to import?

all the *.cgi's? do I need to copy the html files over?

Do I need to copy the forum index files too?

Any additional data needed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by lowblow; Tue 1 May '01, 2:26pm.

To my understanding you don't have to move or touch any of the UBB files

First install vB fresh

The importer in vB just has fields where you put in URL's to certain places in your UBB forums, and it imports everything automatically

This way you still have a working UBB forum as well as the newly formed vB forum

Comment

Brent: He's asking which files he needs to move to his new server to import correctly once there. I don't believe you can import across servers, so he needs to move the files.

lowblow: You will need the files in your Members directory (*.cgi files, under your CGI directory), forums.cgi, categories.file, mods.file, and all of the non-image files (HTML, CGI) in your UBB non-CGI directory and its' subdirectories. You do not need the .cgi or .pl files in the main UBB CGI directory (e.g. ubb_library.pl, etc.) or the images in the UBB non-CGI directory.

Comment

Great..

In the non-cgi, contains the Forum1, Forum2, Forum3 etc.. files.. in each forum directory.. do I only need the *.cgi's or do I also have to transfer over the *.html files in the /forum/html directory too, inorder for it to import?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X