Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging Threads from seperate databases

Hello all,
    I had to take my server offline and pay another host to temporarily host my discussion board due to Hurricane Rita.. the power is still out at the datacenter I use.. as to not screw up the integrity of my current sql file, I opted to install a new version of vbulletin and start over clean.. is there any way to import POSTS with the usernames intact (but don't import user data -- like it shows when an account is deleted, just not hyperlinked).. Once I bring my server back online, there will be a large gap in post time from Thursday, Sept. 22 until the power comes back online.. I want to take all posts (nothing else) and inject them into the original database.. Don't care about post count, linking usernames, etc.. just keeping the original posts from the temporary site.

I know not too many people run vb2.x anymore, but no thoughts?? I figure it'll be pretty easy.. I'm pretty sure all I need to do is backup that one table (post) from othe temp database and somehow renumber the threadid's

any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

No one has any information on this?? Here's a better explanation..

1) Import ALL threads/posts from ForumID 4 into ForumID 4 (Temp Forum)
    2) Set ALL userID's in this forum to 0 to show that the user is -UNREGISTERED-
    3) After achieving these two steps, I will mass move these to ForumID 1 using the Admin Control Panel

This has got to be doable, no? Help is GREATLY Appreciated!

Comment

Honnestly I don't think this will work and I don't know of any way to accomplish this. Of course you can give it a try.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am shocked that there is no vB to vB importer. Not even on vBulletin.org it seems.

Comment

This might be a good time to upgrade to 3.5 which has a vb to vb importer.

Otherwise you could go with your initial thought about backing up the tables and manually inserting them into the old database and if your good with php, you could write a quick script to renumber the thread and post ID's.

Leaving them all as guest though would kind of suck since it would difficult to track a convo if every username showed up as unregistered.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by rodin
            I am shocked that there is no vB to vB importer. Not even on vBulletin.org it seems.
            Not sure what you mean. There is are vB2-to-vB3.5 and vB3-to-vB3.5 import scripts available.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry, vB2 to vB2

Comment

There are no vB2 to vB2 import scripts nor are there any planned.

Comment

Would this work?

Backup your VB3 database.
                  Put your old VB2 forum back online.
                  Upgrade the VB2 forum to VB3.
                  Use Impex to import your backed up VB3 data.
                  vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X