• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus
    replied
    Hi Overgrow,

I know wat u mean.

But seeing the dates arent correct, can I revert the dates to the what they should be ?? Will it work fine then ?? I do not mind doing that, its fine with me

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    robert, I just looked over the class and it seems like it should work. I'm sorry I wrote it using my personal mysql class file instead of just including VB's.. but at the time I didn't have a copy of 2.0 handy and I didn't want to write to 1.x in case it had changed.

Having said all that, I don't see a problem.. I would re-download the latest version, and type in the info again.. Otherwise it would not be difficult to remove my class stuff and just use VB's if you wanted to edit the script.

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    Uhh Cyrus? It does work sometimes...

http://www.t-hood.com/archive/2/2001/02/3

http://www.t-hood.com/archive/2/2001/04/2

http://www.t-hood.com/archive/9/2001/03/3

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. The reason you have problems is because your date format is not the one the program was intended to work with.. since it reads the date from the query, it is touchy about how it's formatted.

Here is a great chance to learn PHP and figure out how to fix it. Otherwise I would need FTP access to your site so I can try new scripts, there is no other way for me to troubleshoot it.. (besides switching my vb over to the other format but mine is a bit busy to be doing that with)

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus
    replied
    hi overgrow,

i made that fix, but i get the same problem

what shallI do now

Leave a comment:

• robertusss
    replied
    (removed a stupid question here)
    Last edited by robertusss; Mon 28 May '01, 12:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    Cyrus, OK here is your problem.. your VB has the month/day reversed from standard American time hehe...

Find:
    PHP Code:
    $month=$urlArray[($a+3)];
    $week=$urlArray[($a+4)]; 
    Replace with:
    PHP Code:
    $week=$urlArray[($a+3)];
    $month=$urlArray[($a+4)]; 
    That's the easy fix. It won't have the dates right on the top of some of the pages but it won't affect the spider.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus
    replied
    excellent, thanx

ill be waiting for it.

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    Cyrus I'm still looking into your problem, I will probably have a piece of code for you to paste in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    The cloaking applies to 1.0b so if you have the original you can leave it as is. Cloaking refers to giving the spider a different page than you give the user-- no matter how well intentioned you are-- it is a bannable offense on google.

It was a nice idea for a feature but should not have been included as the default, so now it is an option.

I would upgrade to the latest simply because it provides a better link at the top, but there's no real need.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Overgrow
    After reading that the forwarding-mechanism I'm using would be considered 'cloaking' by Google, I have now uploaded a new version which initially starts with the auto-refresh turned off. If you wish to have it turned on, simply enable $refresh=1;

Also incorporated robertussss' idea since we're no longer auto-refreshing.

Streicher: Sorry I have no idea on your problem-- you are the only one who has reported this and I cannot duplicate it.
    well i only have the original released you made installed... so what's with the cloaking ?

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus
    replied
    lol

oops, sorry. I didnt read that !

itll be restored in 5 mins

sorry

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    Hi Cyrus,

The first thing that I will ask you to do is to restore the footer as it was with my name, copyright, and link to Overgrow. I ask nothing from you when I give out my code except that you leave the footer/links intact-- it says so at the top of the file:

** Free License: YOU MUST LEAVE THE FOOTER INTACT **

Restore that and then we can work see about the problem. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus
    replied
    wat about me overgrow ??

what shall "I" do

Leave a comment:

• Overgrow
    replied
    After reading that the forwarding-mechanism I'm using would be considered 'cloaking' by Google, I have now uploaded a new version which initially starts with the auto-refresh turned off. If you wish to have it turned on, simply enable $refresh=1;

Also incorporated robertussss' idea since we're no longer auto-refreshing.

Streicher: Sorry I have no idea on your problem-- you are the only one who has reported this and I cannot duplicate it.

Leave a comment:

• robertusss
    replied
    On each page you should add a link saying:

this is the text-only lowtech version of this thread.
    Click HERE to see this thread with all graphics, options, features and links.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X