No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] vbSpiderFriend - Search Engine Friendliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVERYONE: Please download the newest version on page 1 and make sure it's titled "vbSpiderfriend_v1"... I had some trouble getting the latest version to upload, it seems to be there now. The top of the file will say v1.0b if you have the correct one.

Streicher: Please give a link to the archive-- no one else has said anything about a problem like this with forums < 10.

Cyrus/Lister: $CONN should be left blank.

/archive/index.php is not the full path to the file. It will be something like:

/~thehood/archive/index.php

or

/home/cyrus/archive/index.php

or

/home/wwwdocs/HTML/~cyrus/archive/index.php

etc, etc..
    vB Retro -> See vBulletin 1.1.2 and travel back to the Year 2000!
    Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
    presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content since vB1.1... now faster than ever!

Comment

hi

i did everything u said, even updated to the latest hack version

but it still refuses to work

my htaccess file has thsis in it now

/home/thehood/archive/index.php

which is the FULL path to it.

It doesnt work still 4 me.

it goes to some file like "2" in archive ... but theres nothing there, how is it supposed to open that ???

Comment

@Overgrow:

here is the Link: http://www.studenten-city.de/forum/archiv/

If have updated to Version 1.
        Streicher

Comment

hmm .....

I think this is related to my problem :-

This uses ErrorDocument and query string parsing to get the variables needed

if it is, can anyone help me with this plsssssssssss ?????????

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Cyrus
            http://66.78.8.167/~thehood/archive/index.php

I put this in my .htaccess file which I uploaded to the forum directory:-

ErrorDocument 404 /archive/index.php

I do not see what I am doing wrong
            You need it as
            ErrorDocument 404 /~thehood/archive/index.php
            Gilby

Comment

hi

thanx Gilby, its finalyl been done.

one problem tho, when i go to see posts, it says no new posts although I KNOw there should be.

any hints ?

Comment

On each page you should add a link saying:

this is the text-only lowtech version of this thread.
                Click HERE to see this thread with all graphics, options, features and links.

Comment

After reading that the forwarding-mechanism I'm using would be considered 'cloaking' by Google, I have now uploaded a new version which initially starts with the auto-refresh turned off. If you wish to have it turned on, simply enable $refresh=1;

Also incorporated robertussss' idea since we're no longer auto-refreshing.

Streicher: Sorry I have no idea on your problem-- you are the only one who has reported this and I cannot duplicate it.

Comment

wat about me overgrow ??

what shall "I" do

Comment

Hi Cyrus,

The first thing that I will ask you to do is to restore the footer as it was with my name, copyright, and link to Overgrow. I ask nothing from you when I give out my code except that you leave the footer/links intact-- it says so at the top of the file:

** Free License: YOU MUST LEAVE THE FOOTER INTACT **

Restore that and then we can work see about the problem. Thanks.

Comment

lol

oops, sorry. I didnt read that !

itll be restored in 5 mins

sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Overgrow
                          After reading that the forwarding-mechanism I'm using would be considered 'cloaking' by Google, I have now uploaded a new version which initially starts with the auto-refresh turned off. If you wish to have it turned on, simply enable $refresh=1;

Also incorporated robertussss' idea since we're no longer auto-refreshing.

Streicher: Sorry I have no idea on your problem-- you are the only one who has reported this and I cannot duplicate it.
                          well i only have the original released you made installed... so what's with the cloaking ?
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The cloaking applies to 1.0b so if you have the original you can leave it as is. Cloaking refers to giving the spider a different page than you give the user-- no matter how well intentioned you are-- it is a bannable offense on google.

It was a nice idea for a feature but should not have been included as the default, so now it is an option.

I would upgrade to the latest simply because it provides a better link at the top, but there's no real need.

Comment

Cyrus I'm still looking into your problem, I will probably have a piece of code for you to paste in tomorrow.

Comment

excellent, thanx

ill be waiting for it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X