• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raz Meister
    replied
    CAN Reveal Private Forums

Small Bug with displaying private forums:

If you have a private forum with id 5 and try acessing page - /archive/5 it won't show the threads BUT if you add a zero to the front and try - /archive/05 it WILL lists the private forum.

To fix find:
    PHP Code:
        while($urlArray[$a] != "archive") {

$a++;
        }

$forumID=$urlArray[($a+1)]; 
    add below:
    PHP Code:
    $forumID $forumID 0

Leave a comment:

• JohnL
    replied
    Are you using an IIS server also? I am and can not get the links to work properly either. I would really love to get this working.

Leave a comment:

• MacUser
    replied
    Originally posted by MacUser
    The forums with id=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 reloads the index.php.

http://www.macuser.de/forum/archive/index.php

Some people have the same problem .
    Any idea ?

MacUser
    Someone Please help.

Leave a comment:

• Alun
    replied
    Google search

I just read in clickz that Google can now crawl dynamically generated pages. Is that true?? =
    Yup.

Search Google for "Thorikos" and fifth link down is my forum. I think I've had a few referrals from posts to do with oikoi too.

Leave a comment:

• ForzaGrifo
    replied
    Re: [RELEASE] vbSpiderFriend - Search Engine Friendliness

Originally posted by Overgrow
    I am tired of my 200,000 posts not being listed in Google.
    I just read in clickz that Google can now crawl dynamically generated pages. Is that true??

the article is here:
    http://www.clickz.com/search/opt/article.php/874131

Leave a comment:

• MacUser
    replied
    The forums with id=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 reloads the index.php.

http://www.macuser.de/forum/archive/index.php

Some people have the same problem .
    Any idea ?

MacUser

Leave a comment:

• ForzaGrifo
    replied
    What are the major search engines other than Google that this hack would work on?

Leave a comment:

• JohnL
    replied
    Did anyone ever figure out why some people had a problem where any of the links reloads the index.php page?

Here is an example http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php

I'd love to get this hack to work.

Leave a comment:

• dwh
    replied
    Is this true?

Are you sure you folks aren't putting out 404 error pages?

http://www.phpbuilder.net/annotate/m...hp3?id=1000365

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by robertusss
    eva2000: did you submit your page to google again, or did google visit you automatically?
    If you submitted, did you submit www.yourdomain.com or did you submit www.yourdomain.com/forum/archive/ ?
    i submited my main domain page along with a particular archive thread i really want to see indexed and just wait

Leave a comment:

• robertusss
    replied
    eva2000: did you submit your page to google again, or did google visit you automatically?
    If you submitted, did you submit www.yourdomain.com or did you submit www.yourdomain.com/forum/archive/ ?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    never mind i found my problem, each forum upgrade i start with a new database and perserve the previous version database as a copy but forgot to change the config file for your hack to point to the new db

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Overgrow
    Congrats to Eva of Animeboards who now has his vBulletin spidered by Google! He has a good page rank evidently since Google went very deep on only it's first pass. Animeboards now has 11,700 new pages listed in Google with the spiderFriend!

edit: changed Eva's gender to more correctly reflect the actual person
    thanks overgrow, my pagerank boost was from linking to my main site eva2000.com which has a very very high rank

unfortunately your hack doesn't seem to show threads anymore?

any updates?

Leave a comment:

• chilliboy
    replied
    Hi Overgrow,

These are just some general questions as regard to this hack.

As google and a few others can spider ? and & URLs what other advantages does this hack have other than all the dynamic meta tags?

What I'm getting at is - if I can do all the dynamic meta tags etc straight into my vB then removing them from the equation why would this hack improve the ability for search engines to spider.

As far as I can see the only difference would be the / in the URL's as opposed to ? and &'s. Are there any other advantages? Are they easier to spider because 'less clutter' from CSS, images etc?

Just wondering as I'm not that enlightened on exactly how search engines (specifically google) work, and what are all the benifits of this script over just inserting dynamic meta tags straight into your actual forum pages.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• robertusss
    replied
    soon after I included this hack on my site, google kicked me out completely...
    Hope it doesn't have to do anything with this hack...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X