Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to test new forum layout without violating license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test new forum layout without violating license?

I've made numerous offline changes to the page layout in a bunch of templates. Now I want to view/test/tweak them without affecting any of the live forums. From what I can tell, there's no way to create such a "test forum" without doing a second install of the app, which would be in direct violation of the license agreement.

Since the software is meant to be easily customized, I'm sure I've missed something in my reading. Any help would be appreciated.

- Kestrel
    In theory, there is no difference between
    theory and practice, but in practice there is.

John and/or James have said that you may do an install for testing purposes.

I would take this as "You are allowed to do a second install for testing purposes only, as long as you do not allow the general public or your site visitors to access it."

This way, you can edit the templates online. I can't imagine editing the vbulletin.style file (sounds like that's what you were doing). I think I would do out of my mind!

Comment

kewl. thanks!

> I can't imagine editing the vbulletin.style file (sounds like
      > that's what you were doing). I think I would do out of my mind!

heh. all in a day's work for us lowly web designers.
      i have to admit it was a bit confusing at first, but nicely written, well-documented code made the job considerably easier.

i'll post the url when we're finished.

- k.
      In theory, there is no difference between
      theory and practice, but in practice there is.

Comment

Working...
      X