Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeterS
    replied
    hehehe thank you very much, I never thought to look through the admin functions, I went through every file in the root, took 2 seconds to fix with your help.. one quick ORDER BY and I was done..

Thank you very much...

Peter S.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A database doesn't store items by the value of one of the records fields. If it did we wouldn't need indexes.

YOu want to look in admin/function.php for what you want.

Leave a comment:

• PeterS
    started a topic Smiley DB_Query for smiley table on new post or thread

Smiley DB_Query for smiley table on new post or thread

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'm having a bit of a problem.

I can't find where the database query is for the smiliebits table are in a new post, topic,reply or edit. the little box in the middle on the right hand side.

My problem is my partner went ape**** putting smileys in on the board. Adn now, Instead of pulling the 1st 12 smilie by smilieid, it's pulling them in order they were put into the DB, for some reason mysql doesn't parse my file correctly and I end up with everything our of order. I edited the misc.php start show smiles to ORDER BY smilieid and I did the same with the Popup Smilies for vBcode. The pop when the user hits get more smiles is now ordered how I'de like but I still can't figure out how to get the little table to sort right.

I ran a few query on the DB through PHP admin, and for some silly reason I have like smilieid 58 at row 1 in the db, and smilieid 1 is buried in some arbitrary point in the db. I'm not sure what's going on.

Does anyone have any tips?

these are our forums, they're only 3 days old so not too terribly tweaked yet. I made the trasition from UBB because I couldn't afford another year with them to Sleazy Board, and now to VB. and I love VB, you let me get at all the stuff i enjoy.

this is my board http://forums.sobservers.com

Thanks,
    Illusion <a.k.a. Peter S>
    http://www.sobservers.com
Working...
X