Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server upgrade

Hi,

My server upgraded and I can no longer access my forum. The IP address has changed because of the upgrade. Can someone please direct me in how to fix this.

Server upgraded what? Seems like you should be contacting your host to ensure that everything is goign to be fixed... not sure what we can do..

Comment

thanks...

Ok, thanks. Unfortunately, I can't get ahold of the server. I am going to re-install the upgraded version onto another server and start fresh. I am sure I will need help in transferring the database..

Comment

A bit late answer from my side but..... if you know the ip adres and can reach your forums by ftp or telnet/SSH you could change the forumpath in your config.php to http://ip.adres.here/forum otherwise you can try to gain acces to your forums that way also.

You could also try a nslookup on the ip adres to see which domain name it has now and change your config to that name.
        Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

I know how he feels, I run vB 3.8.0 here and I'm wondering what effect it will have on my site when they eventually upgrade to PHP5 (which is gonna happen sooner or later). There is no way I can upgrade my site to a higher version of 3.5 because of all the hacks I spent neally two weeks installing along with Gallery and Links Dir etc.

If I have problems with PHP5 and my site I'm gonna have to start everything from scratch. And I really don't want to have to do that!
          Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 5 Oct '05, 6:29pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X