New Folder Icon not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Folder Icon not showing

I just noticed that the newfolder.gif icon is not showing up for me on threads that contain new messages. The icon does display at the bottom of the page, but not in the threads that are actually new. This works all right on this board, but not on my test board.

What are some of the possibilities I can look at to resolve this problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

If you read the thread, it's not marked as new.

Comment

Well, i would check your time out setting in your control panel. Control Panel -> Change Options -> User and Registration Options -> Timeout for Cookie. If that is set to something like 2 seconds then 2 seconds after viewing the main forum page all threads would be set to read and that icon wouldn't show up. That's all I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
        If you read the thread, it's not marked as new.
        Thanks but I don't think I'm quite that dumb!

Let's try this again. I log onto the board. There are new threads, and new messages in threads that I've already read except for the new messages. Even though I've just logged on and haven't read any of these messages yet, the 'no new messages' icon shows instead of the 'new messages' icon. Interestingly enough the 'firstnew' icon does show up in front of the thread title.

And timeout is currently set to 15 minutes. I'm viewing the forums well with that time frame.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

If you don't get an answer, try this on my board and let me know if mine is doing what you are talking about. I'll try to help you with it.

Hooper
          Last edited by Hooper; Tue 8 May '01, 3:09pm.

Comment

Thanks GimmeTech. I just left a test message on your board and I'll go back in a while to check it out.

Interestingly enough I just went back into my board a little while ago and the new message icons worked this time. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.
            Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 23 Apr '01, 6:27pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Welcome Steve,

I don't recall having any problems of this nature at all. The cookies and everything are working as should as far as I can see. Ya, just check the board later and let me know if you get the same thing. I saw your post and the thread light was green as should be so.......

Cheers Steve,
              Hooper
              Last edited by Hooper; Tue 8 May '01, 3:08pm.

Comment

Gimmetech,

Yep, everything was just fine on your board. I've also rechecked mine again and things seem to be working correctly now. It's probably just one of those flukes that happens from time to time.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve

Oh good. Glad to hear it. By the way your new vBulletin board is looking great, bout time to dump the ol UBB board huh? I hope you have a smooth conversion. Anything I can help you with let me know Steve.

Take Care,
                  Hooper
                  Last edited by Hooper; Tue 8 May '01, 2:04pm.

Comment

Really weird!

I have the same problem. With my own board, but with this board too. If I wouldn't visit this board for lets say a month, then all forums should show the new post icon on the forumhome. But it isn't. Sometimes I don't visit this page for a week and almost every forum shows 'read'.

I have this with my own board too. I set the timeout to 1 hour to check if that was the problem. I read some messages for 10 minutes and I rechecked te webboard after 2,5 hours and all message where shown read.
                    I went away for the weekend and checked the messages on the board.. it showed a couple of new ones, but not all..the messages where post on a day I didn't check the board.

How is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
                      Steve,

If you don't get an answer, try this on my board and let me know if mine is doing what you are talking about. I'll try to help you with it.

Hooper

Comment

What's your site's address?

Comment