How long till vB 2.0 hits Gold ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long till vB 2.0 hits Gold ?

When do you guys think vB 2.0 Final is going to be out ? Can you give us some idea ?

Just waiting on that UBB6 --> vB2 import script to make the switch

TIA
    www.speedguide.net | forums.speedguide.net
    Life would be much easier if I had the source code...

hopefully soon....
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

When it is ready. hehe

Comment

We should start a pool. I think there will be one more release candidate, and my guess for the final release is:

May 1, 2001 at exactly 8:43am GMT

[Coincidentally this roughly coincides with the moment my UBB license expires! ]
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yep, i'm waiting and then i'm switching to VB too. UBB 6 is a desaster. No further comment ...

Comment

The date is........

Yes there will be one more release candidate RC2. This will be the final test release. The Gold release will come out on May 15, 2001 at exactly 4:17 pm CST.

h4p3-Good move and couldn't agree more.
            Last edited by Hooper; Sun 22nd Apr '01, 11:56am.

Comment

?

hey GimmeTech, why do you know the release date?

BTW: Nice Site, gimmetech.com ...

Comment

They are guessing, dear.

Comment

Oh, i see ...

Comment

Originally posted by h4p3
                    Oh, i see ...
                    LOL . Ya, Smachol mentioned a poll. A guess if or when a second release candidate would come into effect as with the gold release. Just a guess is all.

Ps. Thank you for the nice comment on the site. Much hard work has gone into it and we are no where near ready for the search engines. Having fun learning though.
                    Last edited by Hooper; Sun 22nd Apr '01, 12:31pm.

Comment

My guess is that the next version will be vBulletin 2.0.0 Final, and will come out on May 2nd at 03:45 GMT

Comment

Nah! They're holding off because someone's finally realised they've got to write a manual!

Comment

I heard that there might be a SLIGHT possibility of an RC2 before final, but this is unconfirmed and frankly i forgot who I heard that from now...

So I hope they get all the bugs worked out of this RC1 and the next one be the FINAL version.

Also about the manuals I also remember hearing some that yes the delay is because they are wanting to have a complete help guide and user manual with the forums for the Final, so all our questions about messing with the thing will be answered. Hope this is true, good documention on this forum would be most appreciated, just hope it doesn't tie up the launch of the Final Build too long!

Comment

Better be out before May.. lol.. I think my license expires on the 2nd of May. So I want the full version before it expires.

Comment

Ed mentioned PC2 so I think it is certain that RC2 will come out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X