• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ect#post149314

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied
    Hi,

since update to vb2.0.3 Dreamcastusers get´s an Error after posting/editing (forwardingproblem or they are fast and klick in one second onto the "if browser won´t foward you automatically-link")

how can i revert the "new refresh" to the old one?

Thanks again for fast reply...

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied
    Well, thanks - works fine and everybody is glad again...

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Remove the "enctype" attribute from the <form> tag in newthread/newreply/editpost and see if that helps them.

However without this, uploading won't work.

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied
    Dreamcastuser can send private Messages - but no "normal" Posts oder "Preview of Posts"... It seems not to be an cookie problem as user tested and told...

As we are a Gamesite it´s some kind of important for us, that User of Dreamcastbrowser still can use our forums since we switched from ubb to vbb...
    Craig2
    Last edited by Craig2; Tue 10 Jul '01, 1:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied
    Hmm, everything is runnig fine for Dreamcastusers, just except to post... Is there maybe someone out there who know´s what to change exactly to let also dc-users give the possibility to post?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The new templates are HTML 4.0.1 so if the Dreamcast is HTML 3.0 only then you will have to create a template set for them that they can use.

This was a bad move on Sega's part because HTML 4.0.1 is a 5 year old specification and was the recommended specification long before the Dreamcast was even a twinkle in their eyes.

It could also be a cookie problem. If they have no capability to store cookies then this would also cause problems. Dreamcast users would have to have "Browse with Cookies" off in order to use the system.

Netscape Navigator 4.XX also has to have "Browse with Cookies" off on certain installations so that isn't just a Dreamcast problem.

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Craig2

• Craig2
    replied
    Yo,

it seems that Dreamcastuser can´t post anything. They can write and sumbit, but post won´t be saved and User get´s a white screen after pressing submit button. (the same by pressing "Previewbutton"). Any help? Reading and surfin around the board works fine and there are no probs at all. Thanks 4 very fast reply...

ps. european dreamcastbrowsers accept only till HTML 3 - may this cause that error or is it maybe a coockie-problem? I read, that older versions did work with the Dreamcast (we just started using vbb at 2.0.1)
    Craig2
    Last edited by Craig2; Mon 9 Jul '01, 10:49pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    We need specific error messages and what not.

Leave a comment:

• MR-BAD

• MR-BAD
    replied
    lol

a haaa

Leave a comment:

• Cloughie

• Cloughie
    replied
    can no one help me with this ?

Leave a comment:

• Cloughie

• Cloughie
    started a topic some users cannot post ?

some users cannot post ?

Hi it seems a few of my users cannot post ?

When they try it comes up the thread is unspecified and to contact the webmaster..

I have no moderation on at all.

From what I can figure it is either because of the Candidate upgrade (not cinvinced as one of them was b4) or my new server move (I donlt see why that would do it ?)

I know one of them is post on a Dreamcast , so could it be a cookie thing ?

I actually logged in on their account and posted fine, so it has to be there end...

Wierd thing is he said he could post on the dreamcast b4 the server move..

I am puzzled..