Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Import, but getting: Maximum execution time exceeded HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Import, but getting: Maximum execution time exceeded HELP!!

Hello, I just purchased VB and I'm having time out problems. I was able to install everything properly, just importing messages is the problem.

It says I should edit php.ini, but I couldn't find the file, where is it located? or do I have to call my host to edit it?

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks
    low

It means that the host is limiting the length of time that a script may run. You can not edit php.ini file. It is the most important file and probably secured by the host. You must ask your host.

Comment

Is there any other way besides editting the php.ini?

Comment

Nope. Unless you contact your host, there is really no way of overriding the server setting. And if you happen to override, I assume the host will suspend your account.

Comment

It works for the 22 out of 24 forums, I only timeout in 2 forums, and the reason why, is that I have a thread in each that have 2000+ posts in them. So no matter what I set it at, it'll always time-out. I'd really hate to delete them as the members would get really pissed.

I've emailed my Host, but don't know if they'll do it.

Is there anyway to break down the 2000+ posts thread into fragments in UBB or by a hack, or by editting, then adding them after importing it over?

Any help is appreciated.
          Thanks,
          Dan

Comment

Yes. In CP, you see several options of backuping. There is table by table backup. Backup each table(or two tables) then import it.

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
              Yes. In CP, you see several options of backuping. There is table by table backup. Backup each table(or two tables) then import it.
              Hi klisis, I really appreciate all the replies.

The CP your talking about, is that in UBB or VB? I've looked in both and didn't see the table by table backup.

Comment

Of course, Vb's CP..

Look at under 'Database tables to include in backup' in Backup choices section from CP.
                You see long list with check boxes. That is the one.

Comment

Okay I see it, but can that back up tables from UBB? I'm trying to import from UBB to VB..

Comment

VB Developers: I'm going to try splitting the my UBB threads in half (contains 2000+, almost 3000 post in 1 thread) manually via text editting

Can you tell me exactly what files VB Import reads? I know it doesn't read the HTML, as I read that in another topic here, any other files?

Thanks,
                    low

Comment

There is already UBB import script in VB cp.

P.S. UBB database has no table or whatsoever. They are flat files

Comment

Working...
                      X