X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default templates

Hi there.

I recently upgraded to candidate 1.

If i have NOT altered templates, will the new ones take their place?

I ask because I want to use several things such as average post per day on getinfo and stuff like that - but even when I click on "view origianl tempalte" it isn't shown.

please help me out
    james
    hiphopmusic.co.uk

If you haven't changed a template, you won't even see the "revert to original" link.

Correct, if you haven't changed a template, the newest version will be automatically used.

Comment

thing is , they dont seem to be - I.E on the GETINFO template, the average posts/day isnt displayed
      hiphopmusic.co.uk

Comment

Re-import the vbulletin.style that comes with RC1.

Comment

done, still dont change anything
          hiphopmusic.co.uk

Comment

so if you've done edits like html edits to the templates, when upgraded the new ones won't take effect?

Comment

Right. otherwise it would overwrite your custom templates and you'd be mad if it overwrote your custom templates everytime you upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                Right. otherwise it would overwrite your custom templates and you'd be mad if it overwrote your custom templates everytime you upgraded.
                haha definitely. but does that mean the new features won't be implemented as well?

Comment

New features or changes in templates that you have custom versions of won't be implemented until you either revert that template or take a look at the original and manually copy any changes over. However, any templates that you have not customized will automatically implement new features.

Keep in mind that there is a "master" set that you cannot edit, which is how there is a "view original" link after you've customized a template. This master set is what is replaced everytime you upgrade. Any uncustomized templates are just the master set "showing through".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X