Membership and Security/Permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership and Security/Permissions

Does vB 2 allow for different groups or classes of members? I would like to design a forum that allows us to have two kinds of members: paying members of our Club, and online members. Paying members would get more features, such as a custom member title. And, they would have the option of posting personal data and calendar information that could only be seen my other real-world members. (These are mainly security features, since we can't verify the identities of online members. This also encourages online members to become real-world members if they are in our area.)

If vB 2 won't do it by default, is there a hack that allows for these kinds of groups?

vB has user groups, but not classes (a collection of groups with the same permissions). vB can easily do everything you listed above except the custom titles. I don't think you can grant custom title status by user group. So you would basically have to turn off the custom title feature globally and then specify custom titles per user via your online control panel (admin login to the online CP can do this regardless of whether the custom title feature is on or off. But if you're talking about just a standard title for a specific user group that is different from the other then you can do this easily. You can specify the user title for an entire group. Like every person in the Club user group would have "Club Member" under their name or something. The above stuff I was saying is if you want each person in that group to be able to customize their own title.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X