No announcement yet.

'Reply' Screen - Changing Field Colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Reply' Screen - Changing Field Colors?

I've looked through the newreply template, but I can't figure out how to change two field colors - the 'Subject' text field, and the 'Message' text field (the areas the user types the text into). They're currently the default gray, and I'd like to change them to white.

Am I just missing it in the templates, or do I have to create a new .style and upload it??

I've been able to figure out how to customize almost everything else, but this one has me stumped.

Can anyone help?

I believe these are in the Styles -> Modify -> Edit Colors area of the CP.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but none of the variables in the 'edit styles' area are set to gray. I double-checked, and although I can change the colors of the *table* through the values listed there (which I did), it doesn't affect the actual text field boxes *within* the table cells in the reply screen. It only changes the table cells surrounding the text fields. No matter which hex codes I use, the fields in question still remain the same shade of gray.

The closest thing I can find is in the 'newreply' template, specifically the following two lines:

PHP Code:
      <input type="text" name="title" value="$titlesize="40" maxlength="85"
      and

PHP Code:
      <textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="60" wrap="virtual">$message</textarea
      I need to know how to modify the hex codes for the $title and $message fields. There are no templates for $title or $message, so where would I find the information for the color values?

Comment

Styles > Modify -> Edit colors/etc. -> Edit the INPUT element in the CSS in the headinclude box.

Comment

It worked! Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X