Would this be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be possible?

I was wondering if it would be possible (or advisable) to alter the names of the database tables used for vb2. The reason I want to do this is my host has been giving me chronic difficulties with the permissions on the database which has always resulted in the vb installation going completely tits up (a problem I know a number of you have encountered)

They claim that they have sorted it out now but I really dont want to skrag my database all over AGAIN as restoring backups through PhpMyAdmin is a mighty pain in the arse.

So I was wondering if it could be possible to rename all the tables used in the installation process in order to install vb2 without affecting the existing board (just give them something like "users2" instead of "users"), then if it went without any problems I could upgrade the main board properly.

Tell me if this is a bad idea.....

I would advise against it.

You will have to go through ALL the scripts, line by line, and change the tablename reference there. And I think there must be hundreds of lines with an sql call that icludes a tablename

Comment

Oh well, I thought it was a long shot..... thanx anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X