About the cookie timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the cookie timeout

(Assuming the cookie timeout is set to the default of 900 seconds, or 15 minutes.)

Suppose the last activity I do on the board is at 3:00. From the time of my last activity, the timer starts timing. If I do no other activity to reset the timer, the timer expires and the cookie resets all threads and forums to be marked as "read".

Now my question is suppose someone posts a new message in between 3:00 and 3:15. When my timer runs out and the cookie is reset, when I come back to the board, will that message be marked as new or as read?

In other words, does the timer reset everything from when the timer started, or when it ended?
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

I think it would be marked as unread. The way the read/unread works is by cookie with a list of what you've read. I've noticed if I close the window at this site, and then come back within 15 minutes, all of the messages that I read during my last visit, but were new from my prior last visit, are now unread again.

Comment

That doesn't really answer my question. I reallize my question may have been a bit unclear. Unfortunately right now I can't think of a better way to word it. But I can tell your answer doesn't answer what I'm trying to find out. Sorry!
      -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
      JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

I now realize I sound like an idiot in my last post.

I think the answer to your question is the timer resets everything from when it started.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X