No announcement yet.

Need HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratch that last error. I had an error in my config file. Now I am getting the error about the database again. Here it is:
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin: cannot use database vbdforum
    mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'vbdforum'
    mysql error number: 1044
    Date: Wednesday 11th of April 2001 12:40:08 AM
    Script: /vbulletin/index.php
    Referer:
    -->
    </td></tr></table>
    <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>

Comment

hmmm looks like you may have the database name or the password wrong on your config.....but the database isn't one of my strong points.

Comment

I am thinking that the database name that is in there is not correct. I tried it with another random name and it gave me same error. I did not set up the database on the web hosted server. Could this be the problem? Is there another way to find out my database name??

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfan
          I am thinking that the database name that is in there is not correct. I tried it with another random name and it gave me same error. I did not set up the database on the web hosted server. Could this be the problem? Is there another way to find out my database name??
          Oh my... you didn't know what name of database you were using? hm...

Log into your webhost control panel and use phpmyadmin or mysqladmin or anything similar. Look for what databases you got. Pick one that looks familar to you.
          Also you need to know your database username and password. No one knows those expect you.

Comment

First, tubedogg's instructions are incorrect. All you run is upgrade1.php -- it contains all changes.

Second, if you can't find your database, you'll probably want to email your host.

Comment

I have 2 sets of username and passwords. It is definetely one of the 2. i tried both and the 2nd set gives me an invalid Mysql error. Invalid user or something. The 1st still gives the the same old message, database problem.

Comment

yeah he's right
                /me smacks myself

sorry

Comment

you also need to know the name of the database.

Comment

so, after I enter the database name and password in the config file, it should be done and fixed??

Comment

After you do that, reupload config.php, then run upgrade1.php and it should be set, yes.

Comment

No, you have to run through upgrade1.php. You'll know when it's done, because it's quite extensive.

Comment

ok, thanks alot guys. I really appreciate all your help. This is a whole different world than working with my UBB. I am really just getting going on the VB or any other scrpiting/coding. I am a network guy in reality, but when i am off, I am always trying to learn more programming and scripting. Thanks again!

sportsfan

Comment

Working...
                          X