IP Banning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Banning

How do you do an IP Ban? Also, can moderators do it, or just admins?

So welcome to vbulletin boards
    First,you need to go in your option and activate the "banning options" after you sut need to go see the ip of a member (or guest) and after just go ban it
    Note:Moderators can do that but you need to specify in their personnals options

Comment

well, u see. Before i banned a IP. EG. 233.223.22 just as an example, then after, i just banned that IP, other members on the forum got a BANNED status. How can i know for sure when banning an IP, its only the person i want to ban?

Comment

Try to be as specific as possible.
        As 99% of all Users will have dynamic IPs this will be kinda hard to do.
        Let's assume the User yu want to ban has IP 123.123.123.xy (where xy is the dynamic part). If you ban IP 123.123.123 you will ban all users that use the same ISP and have the same first 3 segments of the IP adress (such as 123.123.123.ab)
        But you just can't ban 123.123.123.34 as the user will have another IP as soon as he has cut his connection and re-established it.
        Suggestion: ban by mailaddress!

Comment

Yes,the better is to ban username

Comment

its no use. See this guy keep on spamming me forum crazy. I hate it. I banned his Username and email, but he still re-register for the forum so i just banned his IP instead. I am scared i am blocking other people too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X