Private forums not showing for mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private forums not showing for mods

I have a private forum (beta 5) at my site for the moderstors and for some reason the moderators cant see it. The only people that can see it are the super moderators and admins. I even tried to set their permissions manually to see the forum category/forum but even that didn't work. I had to promote them all to super moderators.

I would give the url but you wouldn't be able to see it anyway.

Do you have access masks enabled?

Comment

Ok so there is only half the problem I thought before.

Access mask were turned off but now that I have turned them on normal Moderators still can't see private forums by default. I have to go in and manually set their permissions to see that particular forum cat.

Aren't mods supposed to see hidden cats by default?

Comment

If they have permissions to, yes. But there is no override that says "oh, he's a mod -- give him permission to see this".

Comment

I am talking about default permissions. Aren't mods supposed to see them by defualt? Thats what it says in the control panel. Because if I go to the user permissions screen and leave all their permissions default then they can not see it. Only if I specifically tell it yes.

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
          If they have permissions to, yes. But there is no override that says "oh, he's a mod -- give him permission to see this".

Comment

Jeremy,

Which usergroup are your moderators it? If they are in the 'registered users' usergroup, try moving them to their own usergroup 'moderators'. You may need to create this usergroup. Once you have that, they should be able to view hidden forums.

John
            John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Working...
            X