MYSQL error when adding forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSQL error when adding forum

Whenever we try adding a forum, there's a MYSQL error with an incredibly large forumid. [65535]

PHP Code:
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:

Invalid SQLINSERT INTO forum
    (forumid,styleid,title,description,active,displayo
    rder
    ,parentid,
    parentlist,allowposting,cancontainthreads,daysprun
    e
    ,newpostemail,newthreademail,
    moderatenew,allowhtml,allowbbcode,allowimages,allo
    wsmilies
    ,allowicons,
    styleoverride,allowratings,storereply,storethread,
    countposts,moderateattach,onoffimagecollapsed)
    VALUES
    (NULL,'1','test','test','1','1','-1',
    '','1','1','30','','',
    '0','0','1','1','1','1',
    '0','1','1','0''','','1','0')
    mysql errorDuplicate entry '65535' for key 1

mysql error number

Date
    Saturday 19th of March 2005 07:39:03 PM
    Script
    http://www.theorangecounty.net/foru...admin/forum.php
    Refererhttp://www.theorangecounty.net/foru...php?action=add& 
    Does anyone know how to reset it back to normal?

You've maxed out your available forumid numbers - 65535. Been busy?

To fix this you need to manually change the forumid field type in the forum table from smallint(5) to int(10). You can do this in phpMyAdmin.

Also your version of vB has some significant security holes. I strongly recommend that you upgrade to at least 2.3.6 as soon as possible.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The problem is that we should only have 118 forums ever created. I have no idea why it leaped from 118 - 36553.

I tried changing it to BIGINT, then tried making a new forum. There was the same MYSQL error. After trying to change the BIGINT back to a SMALLINT, I get this error from PHPMYADMIN:

PHP Code:
      Error

SQL
      -query :  

ALTER TABLE `forumCHANGE `forumid` `forumidSMALLINTUNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT 

MySQL said

Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1 

Comment

As I said you need to change this field to INT(10).

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, I still get this error, instead of forwarding me to the modifying forums page. But, it does add the forum.

PHP Code:

Invalid SQLINSERT INTO access (userid,forumid,accessmaskVALUES ('17','65540',1)
          mysql errorDuplicate entry '17-65535' for key 1

mysql error number

Date
          Sunday 20th of March 2005 04:49:52 PM
          Script
          http://www.theorangecounty.net/forum/forum/admin/forum.php
          Refererhttp://www.theorangecounty.net/forum/admin/forum.php?action=add&parentid=116 
          Is there anyway I can stop the MYSQL query from coming?

Comment

This means you didn't change this field. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nevermind! I got it fixed! Thanks for all your support!

Comment

There's something seriously wrong with our DB.

PHP Code:

Invalid SQLINSERT INTO access (userid,forumid,accessmaskVALUES ('303','65553',1)
                mysql errorDuplicate entry '303-65535' for key 1

mysql error number

Date
                Saturday 16th of April 2005 06:42:11 PM
                Script
                http://www.theorangecounty.net/forum/forum/admin/forum.php
                Refererhttp://www.theorangecounty.net/forum/admin/forum.php?s=&action=edit&forumid=65553 
                We get this error when trying to private a forum. Do you think you guys can help out?

Comment

Woah! This means you have gone throough 65535 forumids. Any idea how you were able to do this?

There is no easy fix for this. What you need to do is edit every table with a forumid field and change this field from smallint(5) to int(10).

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I honestly have no idea. :\ We got up to 110 then it suddenly went to an enourmous number. It obviously didn't do it by itself, so someone must have messed with it, yet, I've asked my staff members and they don't know what happened, I'm not looking to point any fingers, I just want it not to effect the members.

Anyways, what do you mean change every forum to INT? Can you evaluate a bit more?

I really hope it works, we really need to this fixed if we want to keep up activity.

Comment

Did you install any hacks? Something had to have changed to jump the forumid number like this.

As I said, you will need to manually edit the forumid field in every table it appears in. You can use phpMyAdmin to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just noticed.

Through PHPmyadmin i went to forum --> operations and found auto_increment when i scrolled down.

I wanted to try something. At first it was 65565, then I added a forum, and the forum ID ended up 65565, then I checked auto_increment again, and it was 65566. I think this is why the forum ids are jumping to ridiculous numbers. Could I be correct?

Comment

I pointed this out already in post #9. You are going to need to follow my suggestion in that post.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X