Other databases than MySQL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other databases than MySQL?

Quick question - are there any plans to develop the database abstraction layer more completely, say, to use for example Oracle 8i and its likes as a storage repository?

We are seriously into Oracle at my location, and have several other databases running on Oracle, for example our "main" user database that needs to (somehow) interface with the vBulletin user database. Our master customer database will act as a pipe to all the other db's we use for various applications.

This is very easy to do as long as the other database is Oracle (remote DB reference and snapshot replica are REAL nice...), but a real hassle if the other database is ... oh say, MySQL??? :-)

I think Oracle gives away licenses to people developing for it, you can even download the whole enchilada at http://otn.oracle.com - for free, no questions asked. For us it costs (a ton of) cash, but not for "real" developers.

Hope this ignites a spark in the development team

I believe the plan is to make more DB Abstraction files after vB 2 final is out.
    I might be wrong though...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X