Potential Hacker/Spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Hacker/Spammers?

In the last week I got three new people signed up - all with a .biz email, 2 with the same or similar food name (eg baglesandcreemcheese.biz), at least two used a '1' in all the profile boxes. One email name included profanity (which was in my banned words list but wasnt caught).

Unregistered/Awaiting email confirmation can only view boards, read threads and search. Version 2.3.4

My question is, what are these people trying to do, or did they already do something? I deleted them tonight (they never posted). Is there anything else I can do to protect the site? Im just about to upgrade to newest version of the software.

Thanks
    ~ consciousness changes everything ~

There are known security issues with vBulletin versions older then 2.3.6 - so perhaps they are exploiting that. I suggest to turn on image verification and upgrade to 2.3.6.

Comment

Thanks, its turned on, but I'll check with my host to see if GD is enabled. I always wondered what benefit image verivification offers, now I see...smart.
      ~ consciousness changes everything ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X