• sleepyk
    replied
    humn ok i try that before i try the sub forum hack
    i got vb2 the one thats icky on that side

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Ahhh, but that's not what you asked. In vB2:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Depth of Forums

By default, vB only allows a forum depth of 2 to be dispayed (this includes categories). To change this:

1. Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [Forums Home Page Options] -> Depth of Forums

2. Manually create new templates to increase the forums displayed. You have to add template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_post and template forumhome_forumbit_levelx_nopost for each level past 2, replacing the x with the level number. For instance:

forumhome_forumbit_level3_nopost
    forumhome_forumbit_level3_post
    etc.

Copy the contents of the other templates ('1' or '2') into these new templates. Then change the 'Depth of Forums' setting in the Admin CP to the appropriate number.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyk
    replied
    yeah i done that steve, but it doesnt show the sub forums on main forum index

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Yes. Just choose a forum parent.

2. No. vB2 styles are not compatible with vB3. You will need to redo them.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyk
    started a topic Sub forums, and upgrade to vb3

Sub forums, and upgrade to vb3

is there any way to make sub-forums on vb 2, and also is there a way to conver to vb3 with the same style i got now on vb2?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X