Need help on upgrade from beta 4 to beta 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on upgrade from beta 4 to beta 4.1

I have virtually no experience with mySQL, so when John states to run this query:

ALTER TABLE search ADD INDEX (querystring), ADD INDEX (userid)
    ....I have no idea how to do this. Could someone please explain how to do this from the shell? I find phpMyAdmin to be very confusing.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

open phpmyadmin and click on the name of the database in the left panel. when the right-hand panel loads, scroll down and you will see a small textarea.

paste the query into there, and click the go button.

Comment

It's really quite unimportant unless you have a board with a lot of searches (3000+ in a week). Even then, it's not particularly important

Login to MySQL ( mysql -uUSER -pPASSWORD )
      Select your database ( use DATABASE; )
      Run the query ( ALTER TABLE search ADD INDEX (querystring), ADD INDEX (userid); )
      Quit MySQL ( exit )

HTH,

(ooh, 3333 posts )

Comment

Thanks guys. I actually used Kier's example for phpMyAdmin.

Question - how do I know everything was done correctly? I uploaded all the files and ran the query, but I notice that the version number remained the same - beta 4 instead of beta 4.1.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

We're not changing the number. We should really just rename beta 4(.0) to 3.9. The releases were so close together anyway.

If you uploaded the files and imported the new vbulletin.style, then you did everything correctly.

Comment

Last question (hopefully!) According to John's instructions:

Also, to update your templates, import the vbulletin.style file from the ZIP, using your control panel.
            I assume that he meant the Download/Upload option under Style Sets. If so, what option should I choose for 'Overwrite style existing style'? Should I overwrite 'Default' or choose 'No, create a new style'?

Thanks for the quick response!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The global set is special so what you enter in doesn't actually matter -- it'll ignore the settings.

Comment

just import it as you would import any other set. the CP will recognise that it is a master set and work out what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                  just import it as you would import any other set. the CP will recognise that it is a master set and work out what to do with it.
                  LOL, go to bed you silly Brit! Do you never sleep?

Comment