No announcement yet.

[Release vB Links 1.0 | vB2bx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks John. I figured that's all I needed to do.
    Rob

Comment

Actually, the code that is supposed to be replaced in the admin/index.php file can't be found in the new version. I'm not sure what to replace....
      Rob

Comment

At the bottom of index.php there's:
        </td></tr>

</table>

You'll need to replace </td></tr>

Comment

The templates still a prob after upgrade to a new vb Version. I don't have that much time at the moment. BUt I will make an easier and better version 2.0 out of it. In the near future.
          It was my first hack, so please don't kill me for it....
          The Sisko
          SciFi-Forum.de

Comment

Whats the chance of getting this added into vb 2.1? This is the best hack ive seen in a while!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sisko
              The templates still a prob after upgrade to a new vb Version. I don't have that much time at the moment. BUt I will make an easier and better version 2.0 out of it. In the near future.
              It was my first hack, so please don't kill me for it....
              so how long before the better version is released
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Still waiting for this one!

Comment

Sisko, awsome hack! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Is the latest version still in the works?
                  Thanks
                  AnesthesiaForums Administrator
                  www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

Comment

Bumping this up! Does the code work with version 2.0.1? I'd love to install it, but it looks like there were some bugs being worked on. Just wondering if a new version was still being worked on-looks like a great hack!
                    TigerLily

Comment

I've got it up and running in vB 2.01, and it works...

However, I have noticed before that sometimes all the links output just turn to a white page. Running the install file again fixes that. But I'm not sure if that does anything with the data that's already stored. Guess I'lll know when it happens again.
                      Or maybe then I'll know what goes wrong and how to fix it. Will see...

Too bad it's gone quite around this hack
                      It's one of the best add ons, umm, ever

Comment

This is a great idea, but needs a bit more fine-tuning...not to mention a full translation. Makes me wish I knew German.

Oh, another recommendation... Instead of this:
                        Code:
                        <tr><td><hr></td></tr>
                        <tr><td>
                        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                        <tr bgcolor="#3F3849"><td><font color="#BCB6CD">
                        <b>Links</b>
                        </font></td></tr></table>
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=add"> Add</a> | 
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=modify"> Modify</a> | 
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=offline"> Approve </a><br>
                        <font color="#BCB6CD"><b>Category</b></font><br>
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=addcat"> Add</a> | 
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=modifycat"> Modify</a> | 
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=ordercat"> Arrange</a><br><br>
                        </td></tr>
                        Wouldn't this be even cleaner?:
                        Code:
                        <tr><td><hr></td></tr>
                        <tr><td>
                        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" id="navtable">
                        <?php maketableheader("Links"); ?>
                        </table>
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=add"> Add</a> |
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=modify"> Modify</a> |
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=offline"> Approve </a><br>
                        <tr><td>
                        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" id="navtable">
                        <?php maketableheader("Link Categories"); ?>
                        </table>
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=addcat"> Add</a> |
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=modifycat"> Modify</a> |
                        <a href="../links/adminlinks.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>&action=ordercat"> Arrange</a><br>
                        </td></tr>
                        I know it's not a big deal, but whatever.
                        Ed FvC
                        Webmaster, FordvsChevy.com

Comment

This is a very nice hack !! Gratulation !!

But is time to tell you about my problems, i have install your hack and all parts of the installation looks like OK, but when i follow the Link to the Link-Page i get these Errors:

Warning: Undefined index: HTTP_POST_VARS in c:\apache\htdocs\vbulletin\global.php on line 58

Warning: Undefined index: action in c:\apache\htdocs\vbulletin\global.php on line 58

Warning: Undefined index: action in c:\apache\htdocs\vbulletin\global.php on line 61

the rest of the Site looks OK !!

Have you a Solution !!! Please help me quickly

THX

Comment

Installed VB links all worked fine, but know if I click on a link within vb links it does not take me to the site in question but in fact back to the main page of vb links.

Whats going on and can anyone help?

Comment

Installed it and it works really well

http://www.visordown.com/forums/links

2 things I would like to know

can we have a drop down box that can sort the links out ALPHABETICALLY ie A--------->Z

can we have it so then email adress submitted, recieves an automatic email something like:

your website $linkedwebsite has been added to $mysite please can you link back etc

Any feedback would be great
                              Talking loud but aint saying nothing.

Comment

okay it seems the upgrade to vB 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 wiped out some of this hacks templates which were added

I now only see 3 custom templates for this hack remaining

links
                                linksbits
                                links_add
                                links_counter

the following templates have been wiped by the upgrade and can not be found hence the redirect to the front page when i click one of the banner links

linkspages
                                links_category
                                links_emailsub_newsite
                                links_email_newsite
                                links_redirect_add
                                links_forumlink
                                links_redirect_url
                                links_upload
                                links_upload_done
                                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X