Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Steel
    replied
    Just to let you guys know that I think Easyspace got their act together.
    Certainly, the problem seems to be sorted now.

Cheers,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Two good hosts that are knowledgable in vBulletin are VenturesOnline.com and Hostmatters.com.

Both run and setup vBulletin systems and provide both minimal and paid support.

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    Ask your host if they can switch PHP from an ISAPI module to a CGI application. If they can do that it should help.

Leave a comment:

• Matt*is*thick
    replied
    My problem is I have NO idea what anyone is talking about, I bought a board and expected to install and setup and that was it.

Then these problems come I don't know alot of the terminology and other stuff you are using as my username indicates I am thick.

I keep emailing my host and my main problem is that I can't explain whats going on to them because I just don't know, you lot are the exports I am totally confused with all of this.

All I want is for my messageboard to work, and its not for whatever reasons. And I can't do a thing about it because I have no idea how this all works....

I am just so upset, I have 81 private messages all asking why people are getting errors and why the avatars keep switching themselves on and off, its infuriating.

I really appreciate all everyone is doing to help me, but unless someone can suggest a decent host for me to move to, or something they can do, or talk me through step by step how to do this other stuff then my board and website are DOOMED.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You are on a Windows NT system?

There have always been known issues running PHP as an ISAPI module and it has been recommended against this on production machines. See you can set up a test forum running PHP as a CGI module to see if the problem persists.

Leave a comment:

• Matt*is*thick
    replied
    Well I emailed the host and this is the reply I got, what do I tell them??

------------

Unless you can detail the problems we really cant look into things - if it
    wasnt for the customer demand to remove any ISAPI induced error 502
    messages we could move back.

Please can you provide me

1. urls to pages showing errors / problems
    2. the requirements of the systems you are using

Please give me some detail to work with

-------------

I am really sorry to keep going on about it its just its driving me nuts!

Leave a comment:

• JWS
    replied
    Update....

Freddie, they're different variables in the forumhome_loggedinusers template. Once I copied that line from the original template to my customized one, it worked like a champ.

Leave a comment:

• JWS
    replied
    Well, I've got Kier's hack installed now in the production system, and I *did* export the templates from that system (beta 3) and import them into this test forum database.

Think there's a conflict between the customized template I had from his old hack and the new one with b4?

Originally posted by freddie
    JWS did you pseudo install ever include Kier's hack for max user's online?

And to the others can you have your hosts install the latest 4.0.5-DEV or even 4.0.6?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    JWS did you pseudo install ever include Kier's hack for max user's online?

And to the others can you have your hosts install the latest 4.0.5-DEV or even 4.0.6?

Leave a comment:

• JWS
    replied
    FWIW....

I'll just add that I did a pseudo-4.1 upgrade/fresh install (I created a dev_forum database and imported the production schema into it along with the non-post and non-index data) last night. I noticed that with only me on the site, I got something like this for the Max Online statement:

"Our record is Array users"

Running PHP 4.0.4pl1.

Leave a comment:

• Matt*is*thick
    replied
    Well I am stumped! Easyspace are REFUSING to revert back to the previous version and I am stuck with about 10,000 instances of "array" throughout all the posts on my messageboard, the avatars aren't showing up now and neither is anything else!

Surely there is something that someone can do? I know several other people who were gonna by a full license here but they are with Easyspace and so until my problems are sorted I have told them to wait......

Please help us Easyspace lot!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Blue Steel
    replied
    Understood Freddie. I must admit I hadn't tried to post anything with tags lately, nor had I looked at old posts , not knowing that there might be a prob. I emailed Easyspace earlier on letting them know my feelings.
    My host fees are due again very shortly....it seems I may have to go through the hassle of changing my ISP.

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I made that assumption based on Matt's report of having the same problem before beta 4 was released. Look at the date of his first post in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Steel
    replied
    I could be wrong Freddie.......but Easyspace have been running the DEV version for the past week, which solved my Error 502 probs......but I never had 'Array' problems until I installed the latest Beta version this morning.

If you feel this is a host prob with the DEV version of PHP, could you or one of the team please explain what I need to complain about to Easyspace?

As you may understand, one gets a bit fed up of being bounced between host and software provider, not knowing who is to blame.

Regards
    Last edited by Blue Steel; Thu 5th Apr '01, 3:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Just a note both users are running PHP 4.0.5-DEV

Seems very strange that the php team would make changes like this that would break things *on purpose*. Perhaps they add DEV on to the version for a reason.
    Last edited by Freddie Bingham; Thu 5th Apr '01, 7:58am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X