Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Upgrading old 1.13 "custom_avatar" table to 2.0

Hello everyone,

The upgrade1.php script does not upgrade my 1.13's "custom_avatar" table for the custom avatar hack that freddie made.

I was surprised they didn't add that to the upgrade1.php script being that it was a widely used hack made by one of the VB 2.0 developers, Freddie Bingham.

Does anyone know how I can ALTER the old "custom_avatar" table to upgrade it to work with VB 2.0's "customavatar" table...this way my users don't lose their custom avatars when I upgrade.

Thanks for your time.
    PaintballCity.com
    VB Board of the Month: October

I think you loose those avatars on upgrading no matter what ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Maybe there is a way to ALTER the table to upgrade it into the 2.0 version. I don't see why not
      PaintballCity.com
      VB Board of the Month: October

Comment

well this is what i did, i left my 1.1.x avatar directory on the server and upgraded to vb 2.0 and then using the new multi avatar feature pointed the path to the existing avatar directory and reuploaded them all

all this means is that members have to go to their avatar page

http://yourdomain.com/member.php?s=&action=editavatar

and reselect their avatar

what i did was in the postbit template made the avatar image linkable to the avatar selection page http://yourdomain.com/member.php?s=&action=editavatar

so members just need to click on any member's avatar to select their avatar or change theirs
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X