Restoring sub-group content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring sub-group content

Doing a 'move' operation which did not move, I lost the content of an entire sub-group. Is there any way to retrieve this? I have a backup (server backup of the entire db), but I do not want to restore the ENTIRE board, as that would set back all other forums.

Looking through the database, I saw there is no obvious way to restore posts (it all seems packed in one huge posts table).

I use Vbulletin 2.2.5 (yes, I know, I should upgrade; but this is what we have, for now). I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks,

- Mark

As there is no impex version for 2.2.5 you just have to restore a full and complete backup.

Comment

You might have moved those posts to a category instead of another forum by accident. I've seen this happen before. To check this, temporarily change your categories back to forums to see if any of them have posts in them.

Act as forum -> Yes
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X