fixed on the beta board.

Leave a comment:

• mrlister
    replied
    thx i needed that. good job

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    OK! This does the trick, insert the following query in your mysql prompt (or via phpmyadmin)

INSERT INTO setting (settingid, settinggroupid, title, varname, value, description, optioncode, displayorder) VALUES ( '', '14', 'Edit Thread-Title Limit', 'editthreadtitlelimit', '0', 'Specify the time-limit (in minutes) within the thread-title may be edited', '', '5');

Then go into your general options area and set this to the number of seconds within someone can edit the threadtitle....

That's all! All functionality allready was build in, but it just wasn't implemented..

[edit](in seconds) needs to be (in minutes)[/edit]
    Last edited by Mas*Mind; Sun 25 Mar '01, 3:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    I believe there is allready some support for it:

editpost.php, line 215:

PHP Code:
      if ($isfirst and $title!="" and $postinfo[dateline]+$editthreadtitlelimit*60>time()) {

$DB_site->query("UPDATE thread SET title='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($title))."' WHERE threadid=$threadinfo[threadid]");

$title="";
      } 
    Notice the $editthreadtitlelimit var.... I can't remember there is such a setting in the control panel, so it probably allways turns out false, because it's interpreted as being 0....

So probably adding a new var called editthreadtitlelimit in the cp area settings would do the trick, but I didn't looked into it deeply enough to be sure...

And then the template/script needs to be modified so that the subject field allways contains the threadtitle when editing..

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Not likely. Maybe 2.1.

Leave a comment:

• glenv
    replied
    Does anyone know if this is going to be a feature in the final version? ( probably should be posted in requests)

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    However the mod/admin can.
    Click the Edit link down in Admin Options at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Not currently.

Leave a comment:

• glenv
    started a topic Changing Subject

Changing Subject

I am hoping I am just overlooking something. Can't members go back and change the subject line? Let's say they mis-spell or don't like the subject they placed. Can this be set?