Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import a SQL dump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Import a SQL dump

    I made a SQL dump with PHPMYADMIN and with VB2, but.. when i try to import, tables appair all over my phpmyadmin and the vB i use is screwed up :'(

  • #2
    phpMyAdmin has problems exporting the vB templates.
    You need to either remove the templates from the dump file or dump using telnet.
    There might be a way to fix it but I don't know it if there is

    Comment


    • #3
      really someone should really look at fixing this phpmyadmin import problem for vb dumps - has anyone actually posted a fix ?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by eva2000
        really someone should really look at fixing this phpmyadmin import problem for vb dumps - has anyone actually posted a fix ?
        \

        so its normal? i was afraid of that

        Comment


        • #5
          You mean there is no way to backup the forum and then re-install it if there is ever a problem or server move?

          I want to be able to back up all the forum, dnload it to my local computer here, then be able to re-upload it without loosing anything (i.e. basically a full system backup). Can this be done or are there problems with this?

          Thanks.

          Jeff

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MovieJeff
            You mean there is no way to backup the forum and then re-install it if there is ever a problem or server move?

            I want to be able to back up all the forum, dnload it to my local computer here, then be able to re-upload it without loosing anything (i.e. basically a full system backup). Can this be done or are there problems with this?

            Thanks.

            Jeff
            well yes you can if you have root telnet access otherwise you can backup the forum database and have your web host do the import back

            any good web host would have no problem reimporting a database for you - it takes less than 10 - 20 mins to anyway
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DKasemier
              \

              so its normal? i was afraid of that
              you only can't do it with phpmyadmin

              Comment


              • #8
                the problem is that importing takes longer then dumping, importing the whole database exceeds the maximum execution time. Either set the time higher, or use the MySQL commandline utility to import it. Breaking the dump file in smaller files may work.
                Magicball Network - Little Big Adventure Community [admin]
                the Unreal Admin Page - Unreal Tournament Server Administration Community [admin]
                vbDrupal - Drupal integration with vBulletin [core developer]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Actually the problem is with phpMyAdmin not escaping the templates properly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by El_Muerte
                    the problem is that importing takes longer then dumping, importing the whole database exceeds the maximum execution time. Either set the time higher, or use the MySQL commandline utility to import it. Breaking the dump file in smaller files may work.
                    indeed it's NOT executing time, information is parsed because there is very much scripting in the TEMPLATES, phpmyadmin isnt build for templates

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Whats the latest on this as I am trying to do it at the moment?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This thread is over 3 years old. I suggest starting a new thread with all the relevant details about your problem.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The safest thing I've found (after moving my database to over 10 servers) is to copy directly the mysql files, and just chown them to mysql after a transfer using scp or rsync. Guaranteed to problems, since there is no exporting or importing.
                          Avatar Chat

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X