Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

private forums become normal forums when imported from ubb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private forums become normal forums when imported from ubb?

why is that?
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

probably because vBulletin handles private forums differently (and better) than UBB.

Comment

cant they be set as private when importing anyway? theres only 1 option for turning the forum private.

Comment

Maybe it isn't that easy. I don't know how UBB works but if it was that easy vB would probably have it.

It only takes 30 seconds to make it private again anyway.

Comment

i have 20 private forums. that would be 10 minutes with your math to make them private, plus the time i spent looking for them.

and yes, it is that easy, and its not there

Comment

Well how do you know how easy it is?
            There isn't simply a flag for private forums in vB. It involves various records in the permissions table among other things.

Comment

theres only one option to make a forum private in the forums>modify>edit

i could edit the permissions later. at least they would not be open for everyone.

Comment

But when you make a forum private it doesn't make a change to the forum table. It changes other tables like permissions.
                If you look in the forum table's schema you will see that there is no field for "private" or similar.

Comment

Ok James, thanks for your time. Ill check this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X