Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login System that runs off a vBulletin database.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login System that runs off a vBulletin database.

I am trying to set up part of a site that needs to have a login system that only members of our message board can access. So that means I would need a login system that runs off the exsisting users database for our vBulletin.

Does anyone know how to go about achieving this? As I have spent a good hour or so reading old threads about it. In theory it would seem to be pretty simple. Just a login, then a redirect to the protected pages etc.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

You can create your own html pages and use vB directly for this... or if you wanted to you could even use vBadvanced. vB has built in permissions, and vBadvanced allows you to create new pages/modules/boxes that you can then control who has access to them.

Unless I have totally misunderstood your reauirements (which if I have, I apologise) then vB and vBAdvanced will meet these.
    John

Comment

What's the link to that piece of software?

Its just a login system that lets vBulletin users view a certain part of the website that isnt open to non message board memebers.

Comment

It can be found at www.vbadvanced.com

It is a portal system that uses the permissions of vB to permit/deny access to pages/modules...

Take a look at my site here and you can see it in action. The page you will see is not the page that registered users see for example...

Let me know if you need help...
        John

Comment

I'll give that a look over, and if I get mad stuck is it ok to PM you, boyo?

Comment

Working...
          X