My vbb forum is running super slow, HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vbb forum is running super slow, HELP

I recently took over a forum operated on vbb 2.2.9, and it is desperate for help. The website in question is www.exriders.com/vbb and it takes for ever for the pages to refresh and to post. I have a high speed connection and it moves sometimes like I am on a 14.4 connection.

The server is a Dual Processor 600mhz Pentium III with 2gb of ram and SCSI harddrives. It is run on and older version of mysql and php, but I don't know the exact versions. The hosting company also doesn't know anything about vbb and are really no help. They say that 500 users online is the reason it is so slow, but I thing there is much more to it.

I need an expert to help with getting this site up to speed and probably a new hosting company.

Please help me with any suggestions.

For help with optimizing your server, please see this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1. Make sure you are patched. due to alot group of hackers attacking older versions of vbulletin you should upgrade to vbulletin 2.3.5 or 3.0.3, if not patch your files are the bare mininum.

2. 500 users online could be quite a toll on an older 600mhz system. My 600mhz celeron did an "ok" job with just me around and tweaked settings of apache, mysql and php. Even with 2 processors and a highly optmized set of settings i dont think your server is fit to load 500+ users online

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X