Sessions, or something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sessions, or something...

Both of these boards are the same version... why does one URL look like this:

Code:
    http://www.teenspot.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1
    And one look like this:

Code:
    http://www.neonteen.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1
    ???

The second option is better, how do we get the first boards like that? Is it something to do with php.ini? or vBulletin settings?
    Last edited by kerplunk; Fri 1 Oct '04, 9:45pm.

Okay, for some reason I cannot post the link... what the heck...

The first link should have some stuff like "8e3560bcc2ce665cd0899ceaa177849c" in it...

Comment

The session hash in the first example is what happens when you do not accept cookies.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So, how would I turn that off for the first link... so it accepts cookies?

Comment

You don't set anything. If the browser can accept cookies, then no session hash. If it can't then you get a session hash. This is on the user end.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean, it has to be a server-side fix...

Everyone who uses the first link gets those crazy session hash URLs and everyone who uses the second link gets the regular ones... it's not just me.

Comment

No, there is *nothing* on the server end you can do about this. Of course if you go to a link with a sessionhash, then you will get a sessionhash. The only exception I can think of is if you've done something to your vB files or templates that would cause this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just don't understand why, though? I am using the exact same computer, browser, configuration to access both of these boards and only the first link gives me those crazy links. This is the same with EVERYONE... even you, right?

There HAS to be a setting, somehow?

What else is different?

Comment

See my edited post.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Go to these two URLs:

http://www.teenspot.com/boards/

http://www.neonteen.com/boards/

If you click into a forum on each of these sites, the first one gives you session ids and the second one does not. That is what I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      See my edited post.
                      Ohh... hmmm.....

(If there wasn't a 60 second delay, this would have gotten posted right away when I saw your edited post...)

Comment

Did you read my post? The only way I know of that this could happen is if you've changed the files or templates. Also this is normal in vB2 when you are not logged in.

And by the way, I get the sessionhash at the second link too. That's because I'm not logged in.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I read it after I posted. Thank you for the information.

You have been very helpful, as usual.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X