Registered user became unregistered user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered user became unregistered user

This morning I discovered a user who had registered in May of 2003, who has for some reason moved into the unregistered user group. I thought at first that maybe he had registered again, except it has his old post count.

What happened? Thanks...

This is in 2.3.5

Strange, I too have had 2 users complaining about this today as well.

I too am on 2.3.5, only recently went to this version, with about 14 months of stability on 2.3.2.

Does anyone have any idea's what causes a long time registered user to be told they are unregistered ?

Mark

Edit, having checked their user details, I can find nothing changed. They are registered, but when they try to log in, they are told they are unregistered.
    Last edited by UKCobra; Fri 17th Sep '04, 8:29am.
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

Comment

Did they change their email address which would have put them back into the Users Awaiting group? Which usergroup are they in?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Did they change their email address which would have put them back into the Users Awaiting group? Which usergroup are they in?
        In fact, yes, that is what happened, I figured out. My apology for this....

I did not get an e-mail notification for your reply. Does that surprise you?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsnowdog
          I did not get an e-mail notification for your reply. Does that surprise you?
          Why should it? Either you are not subscribed to this thread, or your email client or ISP may be blocking our emails as spam. Unfortunately that's altogether too common these days.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Why should it? Either you are not subscribed to this thread, or your email client or ISP may be blocking our emails as spam. Unfortunately that's altogether too common these days.
            Why shoud it? Because it always has. I was subscribed, as you know, since you replied to my thread.

It is OK, I was just surprised. I just got notice for this one.

Thanks for your help, and have a good day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X