X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As per the instructions on the import script page:

To install these scripts, extract the files and upload into a directory called "importers" on your vBulletin 2 forums root directory. Once you have finished, be sure to delete these scripts again.
    Note also that there are no vB-to-vB import scripts for vB2. If you are importing another vB, then you will need to install vB 3.0.3 and use the Impex system.

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    Alright, I have come to the conclusion that it is the server or some server setting.

I just installed a brand new database, new directory, new files, new everything... for 2.3.5 and it doesn't work. It does the same thing.

I don't know what could cause that... hm.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    Just to make sure I did the restore right in the first place, this is what you to when moving servers, right:

1. Create the database.
    2. Upload the vBulletin files.
    3. Restore the database via mysql -uroot -p vbulletin < /path/to/backup.sql

Right?

Everything works just fine except for that stupid link...

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Did you also try to download the import files for version 2 of vBulletin and upload them to the 2.3.5 directory and then clicking on bb import? (just to check!)
    I just tried.

It does the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Did you also try to download the import files for version 2 of vBulletin and upload them to the 2.3.5 directory and then clicking on bb import? (just to check!)

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    I view source of the page and it is just:

<html><body></body></html>

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    I already did try reuploading the files. I have no idea why it would be doing this.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Odd, can you try reuploading the vB2 files then?

I was not aware that the vB2 import system functioned without the files in place. my apologizes

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    vB2 importers? No...?

I didn't download the vB2 importers with my other board either, and I can still ACCESS THE LINK just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Sorry miss read your above statment.

You did download the vB2 importers from the members area?

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    I am not even using any importers yet. I am just trying to access the original vBulletin "BB Import Systems" link.

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    We cannot provide support for the hacks, first upload the importer system from the members area download, if this shows a non blank screen it a hack.

I would suggest upgrading to vB3 and using the vB2 > vB3 importer to get the other vB2 board.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here or anything, but are you not reading what I am saying?

I am using NO HACKS. None whatsoever.

I am using vBulletin 2.3.5 with a database from my other forum (which has no hacks) and I go to the admin panel and click the link "BB Import Systems" and it DOES NOT WORK.

THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO HACKS INSTALLED OR EVEN ON THE SERVER.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I think he mentioned that he didn't install the hack yet.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    We cannot provide support for the hacks, first upload the importer system from the members area download, if this shows a non blank screen it a hack.

I would suggest upgrading to vB3 and using the vB2 > vB3 importer to get the other vB2 board.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Strange, Zachery - do you perhaps know?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X