No announcement yet.

BB Import Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, can you try reuploading the vB2 files then?

I was not aware that the vB2 import system functioned without the files in place. my apologizes

Comment

I already did try reuploading the files. I have no idea why it would be doing this.

Comment

I view source of the page and it is just:

<html><body></body></html>

Comment

Did you also try to download the import files for version 2 of vBulletin and upload them to the 2.3.5 directory and then clicking on bb import? (just to check!)

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Did you also try to download the import files for version 2 of vBulletin and upload them to the 2.3.5 directory and then clicking on bb import? (just to check!)
            I just tried.

It does the same thing.

Comment

Just to make sure I did the restore right in the first place, this is what you to when moving servers, right:

1. Create the database.
              2. Upload the vBulletin files.
              3. Restore the database via mysql -uroot -p vbulletin < /path/to/backup.sql

Right?

Everything works just fine except for that stupid link...

Comment

Alright, I have come to the conclusion that it is the server or some server setting.

I just installed a brand new database, new directory, new files, new everything... for 2.3.5 and it doesn't work. It does the same thing.

I don't know what could cause that... hm.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Comment

As per the instructions on the import script page:

To install these scripts, extract the files and upload into a directory called "importers" on your vBulletin 2 forums root directory. Once you have finished, be sure to delete these scripts again.
                  Note also that there are no vB-to-vB import scripts for vB2. If you are importing another vB, then you will need to install vB 3.0.3 and use the Impex system.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X