[Release vB2.0] vbPortal 1.0 alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release vB2.0] vbPortal 1.0 alpha

UPDATED vbPortal beta1 released, I'm not really too good at this, so it is what it is.

Get it at http://www.phpportals.com in my new IndexU scripts section.
    Last edited by wajones; Sat 5 May '01, 11:38pm.

I was unable to make it run. Plenty of parse errors didn't make much problems and I cleaned them up but then I recieved cache errors:
    Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in ./vbpstuff.php on line 104

Warning: fopen("/forums/cache/Slashdot.cache","w") - No such file or directory in ./vbpstuff.php on line 134

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in ./vbpstuff.php on line 154

Warning: fopen("/forums/cache/PHPBuilder.cache","w") - No such file or directory in ./vbpstuff.php on line 134

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in ./vbpstuff.php on line 154

Comment

Make sure you create a directiry named "cache" in your vb root per "INSTALL" instruction 5.

5. Create the following directories and/or copy the vbPortal scripts as *indicated for vbPortal operation
      Directory: ......

* /vbulletin_root/cache....................(Cache directory for the News grabber
      ** SET CACHE DIRECTORY PERMISSIONS TO drwxr-xr-x (chmod 777)

Please let me know what parse errors you got, if they were typos or ommisions in the source?

Comment

I created cache directory (testing on W2k) and set appropriate local and IIS permissions onto the dir.

I'll try it on a fresh install of vB 2.0 on Linux this evening and send you any parse errors found.

Btw: Thanks for releasing it.

Comment

error messages

PeF i went into the admin headline grabber and disabled these feeds and those error messages for slashdot and the likes disapeared/however now when i return i have the following error ?

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in vbpstuff.php on line 104
          something to do with this line here
          Code:
          while ($thread=mysql_fetch_array($threads)) {
          Last edited by pestilence; Thu 15 Mar '01, 5:08am.

Comment

Temporarily took vbPortal off line, too many errors. Will put back a.s.a.p.

Comment

Trying again

Ok, I'm trying this again. I fixed a few bugs and put the install back on line.

Comment

wooohoo

got this working and running on my local test board will be changing my website on my host over to this this weekend...this rocks

Comment

anybody have a demo. i'd like to see it
                  - MrLister

Comment

See the first message in this thread.... what you see is what you get.

Comment

???

it's a phnuke like no?

Comment

nah - thats just the layout.

WHat it does it capture the posts from vbulletin and puts them on the front page.

ie for news/ hot topics etc

--James

Comment

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/bimmer/www/bmw/global.php on line 64

Thats what I get, Can somebody send me their global.php file?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ray
                            Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/bimmer/www/bmw/global.php on line 64

Thats what I get, Can somebody send me their global.php file?

Ray
                            The global.php cannot be redistributed. It violates the license agreement. You can redownload it from the member's area.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Oh, I see.

i have the original global.php file, but I wanted the "modified" one for this script. For some reason, when I follow the instructions and modify my global file than i get that error.

Anybody know why?

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X