Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Unless you have a compelling reason to change this, it is best to leave the cookie domain blank. In vB2:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> HTTP Headers and output -> Cookie Domain

Leave a comment:

• Interlude
    started a topic Cookie Domain

Cookie Domain

Like CMI said, if your vbulletin is setting the cookie for your domain, it may not work when you use the temporary subdomain. See if vbulletin has a place where you can configure the cookie domain and change it to your temporary subdomain, and see if that works. Remember you'll have to change it back when you finally switch your domain over.
    So.. I guess my question would be how can I configure the cookie domain?

Also since I already posted this here.. I'm having a problem staying logged in...That's what that whole above quote is about. I transfered hosts to nexcess (nexcess did the work). It's currently sitting on their temp url while we fix the bugs before sending it over to registered domain. It seems to work fine except that no one can stay logged in. It just kicks us out the second we hit any type of link on the board. Yes we have cleared our cookies and cache..
    Last edited by Interlude; Sat 28th Aug '04, 1:58pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X