Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

1. What does it mean when a user has a * next to his or her name at the bottom of the forum under "Currently Active Users: 10"

2. My forum FAQ and Calender doesn't work. How do I fix that?

3. What is "There are currently 8 user(s) awaiting moderation." Why is there a list of users here and what am I validating them for? What am i supposted to do with this?

1. These are users who have chosen to be 'invisible' on the forums.

2. What's the URL to your forums? Are you running the opriginal files and templates?

3. These are users who registered and are in the Moderation queue. This means that you have enable mmoderation of new memebrs and they must be approved first. You can change this setting in the Admin CP vBulletin Options.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

2. What's the URL to your forums? Are you running the opriginal files and
      templates?

http://www.thesportsboard.com I had to change the calender.php file because I got an email that said there was a security issure and the new calender file had to uploaded.

3. These are users who registered and are in the Moderation queue. This means that you have enable mmoderation of new memebrs and they must be approved first. You can change this setting in the Admin CP vBulletin Options.

Why is this only for 8 users and happens every once in a while?

Comment

First of all could you please restore the copyright? Right now you are in violation of the license agreement. At a minimum the copyright must read:

vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2004, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

2. Have you installed any hacks or modified any files other tham calendar.php? The white page on the FAQ is most likely due to an edited or inproperly uploaded faq.php file.

As for the Calendar,, you do not have a calendar.php file uploaded.

3. The other possibility is that these are COPPA users (registered as under the age of 13.) If you are hosted in the US, you and they need to follow the COPPA regulations. The link is in the Admin CP:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/10/childfinal.htm

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If I upload a calender.php file and a faq.php file...it will work....where can i get these files for version 2.2.8?

Comment

The patched calendar file is here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108741

The faq.php file for 2.2.8 is no longer available. You will need to restore it from a backup you hopefiully made.

I also strongly recommend that you upgrade to at least 2.3.5 as soon as possible.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What do I have to do to upgrade to 2.3.5?

Comment

Because the version you are running is terrbily out of date and contains many bugs and security holes. To get continued support you will need to update to the latest version. We cannot providee support for older versions of the software.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by DWDYEM2001
                  What do I have to do to upgrade to 2.3.5?
                  The upgrade instructions are here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X