Problem in MySQL Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in MySQL Database

Recently all of a sudden when I checked, I noticed I received a database error when I tried accessing a member's profile or when trying to register. I am not sure what happened, but I had not changed anything. This is for my forum at http://www.gamingforce.com/forums

When I checked in phpMyAdmin this is what I got:

Then when I clicked on properties I got this:

Odd because the file it is looking for './vb114/profilefield.frm' exists.

This is a big problem especially because people cannot register. If you could help it would be GREATLY appreciated. If you think you can fix this I can give you the server information via ICQ (26060897) or IRC irc.mediajoint.net #gamingforce.

Thank you.

You can try to repair it (using (my)isamchk) or, I'm not sure if this will work, you can copy the data and index files to a safe place, drop and recreate the table empty. Then move the index/data files back over the empty ones.

Comment

Thanks! Do you know where I can find this?

Comment

Actually, *thinking*... I'm not 100% sure, but I think (my)isamchk only fixes index related things.

So, basically, the second method is what you want to do:
        Backup all table related files (mainly index and data).

DROP TABLE profilefield;
        CREATE TABLE profilefield (... [you can find the syntax in install1.php]

Confirm that you're not getting the same error, and copy your index and data files back.

Sorry, don't know where your MySQL data directory is. Maybe something like /var/mysql.

Comment

Wow knowing hardly anything about MySQL I did it! I normally leave this to our technical administrator to do this but he's not here right now. Thanks a lot Ed Sullivan you are the greatest!

Comment

Working...
          X