Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are all my mass emails failing now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are all my mass emails failing now???

No matter how few I send at a time, they always time out. WTH? Can anyone help? This is pissing me off.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in C:\forum\admin\functions.php on line 56

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in C:\forum\admin\functions.php on line 2434
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

This is a server issue. For some reason the mail server is not responding in a timely manner. You'll need to contact your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am the host. And actually, this wasn't as much of a probem until I replaced functions.php after that recent security issue.

Comment

Replace it? With what? An which version are you running?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not too long ago, there was a patched functions.php released for a security flaw. I'm running 2.3.0. I'm not interested in upgrading until I get a few other things done, so I just replaced the patched file, as was suggested.

Comment

Can you point to the place where is was suggested to use this patchede file for 2.3.0?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm trying to find the post now. It was a security issue announcement type post, with a few patched files attached for download.

Bah...nevermind. I'm on some heavy drugs right now. (horrible back problems right now) It was the calendar security thing I was thinking of. So, that's not it.

Any idea why this thing would be timing out? I've still yet to find anyone who can tell me which timeout the one above refers to. I've tried changing all the ones I know of, and still get the same damn error. Email works fine. Just mass email doesn't.
              Last edited by SloppyGoat; Tue 24th Aug '04, 11:50am.

Comment

This is handled by the max_execution_time setting in php.ini. However a mail server should not time out with a 120 second setting. There's something wrong with the mail server itself.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I wonder if my ISP has changed something in their SMTP policies? I know I haven't changed anything. I'll have to call and see.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X