Backup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Question

Okay, I backed up into a php file called backup. Now I went reading throught it, and it looked fine, untill it turns into looking like this:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO customavatar VALUES('21','GIF89a(\0(\0÷ÿ\0\ 0\0\0 €\0\0\0 €\0€€\0\0\
    0€€\0€\0€€ÀÀÀÀÜÀ¦Êð _????Ÿ??¿??ß??ÿ???_?__?_?Ÿ_? ¿_?ß_?ÿ_???_??Ÿ?  ¿ ?ß
    And it goes ON like this. I mean, if there is somthing wrong with my DB I wanna FIX IT ASAP! Please help?
    MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Nope that's all normal.... Avatar image files are stored inside the database, that's all that information is you are seeing.

Comment

i waas wondering if someone can tell me the correct way to backup a database and then move the data base to another server
      do i need to have the exact files as were on other server or can i have a fresh install with an old DB
      and does the backup.sql file show bytes size

Comment

Originally posted by thenewking
        i waas wondering if someone can tell me the correct way to backup a database and then move the data base to another server
        do i need to have the exact files as were on other server or can i have a fresh install with an old DB
        and does the backup.sql file show bytes size
        Fresh Install then replace the empty DB with your backup.sql.

The backup.sql file is all you need. Just telnet/SSH to your server and type following.

mysql -u username -p database_name < /path/to/backup.sql

It will then ask you the password for the database. Type in correct password and it will restore everything in order.
        Last edited by klisis; Tue 13 Mar '01, 6:46am.

Comment

Okay what about this? I have a file called backup.php, how do I restore it?

Comment

How in the world did you get php extention? I understand if you got txt version but php? I don't think it matters though. Take a look at the file and see if it contains mysql codes in it. If so, I think it'd be ok.

Comment

okay, so I follow the same steps as the .sql file?

Comment

Yeah, I think so. If you are unsure, I think you might want to change its extention to .sql but I don't think it matters. It bothers me a little though.

Comment

Okay, I have NEVER used telnet, or whatever. So can SOMONE gimmie a BREF rundown of what program I need, how to login, and ect . . . .

Comment

ICQing you

Comment

ahhh. Noo.. I see ads on ICQ

Comment

Working...
                      X